Youth State: Additional Information
If your child was not part of the registered wrestlers last night 2/19 you will need to register through track wrestling
- Wrestlers to Double bracket in their respective division.
- Wrestlers wrestle in 2 age groups
- Wrestlers wrestle in Rookie if they are a first year first season wrestler, Girls bracket and in State, if they qualify.
– It’s a separate registration for each.
- Wrestlers cannot wrestle up an age group, with one exception.
– If a wrestler is too heavy for the Heavy Weight division at their age group.
– The parent can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to move up an age group due to their wrestler being too heavy for the heaviest limit in the Age group
All 12 satellite locations are listed on the Peak2Peakwrestling.com site under events -> State -> right hand side tabs "Weigh ins/Medical" for those Satellite locations. Link
- ALL wrestlers in ALL divisions are to weigh In
- Rookies, Girls, and 15u – Can weigh in at the Coliseum from 5pm-5:30pm
- Wrestlers must weigh in with their competition uniform on – Commonly their Singlet_.
- For Rookies, that sometimes means a t-shirt and shorts. _Jeans or Sweatpants or Underwear are not considered as “Competition Uniforms”
- If a wrestler is wrestling in the 64lb weight class, they must weigh 64.0 or less when weighing in.
- If a wrestler is over, they are simply moved up to the next weight class, and no charge or penalty.
- If a wrestler wants to wrestle at a weight class higher than they weighed in at, they must declare that when weighing in.
No more than 1 weight class higher than they weighed in at if they choose to go up.
- All wrestlers weighing in must be preregistered prior to the registration deadline. There are no onsite registrations being accepted.
- There are NO weigh-ins on Friday at the Denver Coliseum.