News and Announcements
We as coach’s are very proud with the turnout for State last weekend.
As mentioned, Monday. The progress ALL of our wrestlers have made from the first tournament to State is incredible.
We want to give special acknowledgement to those who placed in State this year.
Rocco, Andrew, Harrison, Caleb & Mykayla Great Job!!!!
Saturday March 4th
Weigh-Ins: Wednesday March 1st
Registration Fees: $20 due at Weigh-in: Cash | Check (Payable to: Arvada West Youth Athletics) | Venmo: @catswrestling
Location: Thornton High School | 9351 Washington St. | Thornton, CO 80229
- Novice/1st Year Wrestler | Experienced | Women’s Division – NO DOUBLE BRACKETING (Except Girls)
Admission: Doors open at 7:30am | $5 for Adults | $3 for Students, Seniors and Military | Child 4 & Under are Free
- Entrance fees are CASH only, please plan accordingly as there is .
- Spectator entrance will be the main gym entrance. If you park in lot #3 and #4 then you will need to walk around the building to access the spectator entrance.
- Wrestlers and coaches will enter through the gym doors on the southwest part of the gym closest to lot 3 and 4.
Start Times: Doors Open 7:30am, Parade of Teams Start 9:00am, Wrestling Begins 10:00am
Parking There are 4 parking lots closest to the high school to use.
Lot #1 and #2 can be accessed off Washington Street.
- There is a pedestrian bridge for those that park in lot #2.
Lot #3 and #4 can be accessed off Eppinger Blvd.
- There is an overflow parking lot (5) that can be accessed from Grant street by the soccer fields.
- If you park in the overflow lot, please walk around to the front of the gym to gain access to the event.
Parking Map attached.
The document Parking_Map_for_2023_WSWL_League_Tournament.pdf was attached to this post.
Tonight are the weigh-ins for the 2023 CO State Championships. As you head to weigh-in locations here is some important information.
Weigh-ins are in the USAW membership system.
All athletes will need a copy of their USAW cards to show at the scale.
Non-Rookies & Out of State Wrestlers have been moved or removed & I will be contacting the wrestler’s coaches.
There will be a prepaid list at Admissions.
Coaches will need to bring a copy of their Current USAW Card & a driver’s license to pick up a prepaid coach band.
Weigh-ins **** No Weigh-ins Friday at the Denver Coliseum****
Friday, February 24th – Weigh-Ins (All Divisions) 6:00pm -7:00pm at approved Locations
Saturday, February 25th – Weigh-in Optional Onsite ONLY (Rookies, Girls, 15U) 5:00pm-5:30pm
February 25th – State Championship Divisions
Session 1: 6U & 8U
- 8:30am – 1:30pm
Session 2: 10U & 12U
- 2:30pm- 10pm
February 26th – Rookie State, Girls State & 15U
Session 3: All Rookies
- 9am – 3pm
Session 4: Girls State & 15U
- 4pm – 8pm
What a great Tournament Season. We closed out the regular season of tournaments with the Adams City Classic.
- This event saw 704 registered wrestlers representing 66 teams.
- We brought 27 Wildcats to come and compete for the “Golden Eagle”
In pursuit of the Gold our team had 5 wrestlers successful taking first place, another 7 came home with Silver, and 3 more followed; with 1 bronze and 2 fourth place finishers.
Totaling 15 place winners!
Perfect timing and experience to get ready for State this weekend!
Andrew for being 22nd out of 704 in total match points scored with 34 total match points.
Richie for never giving up and taking two OT wins! The “Tap & Go” is starting to pay off!
Gunner for tying the club record with a 9 second pin!
Here are the Adams City Classic Place winners.
If your child was not part of the registered wrestlers last night 2/19 you will need to register through track wrestling
- Wrestlers to Double bracket in their respective division.
- Wrestlers wrestle in 2 age groups
- Wrestlers wrestle in Rookie if they are a first year first season wrestler, Girls bracket and in State, if they qualify.
– It’s a separate registration for each.
- Wrestlers cannot wrestle up an age group, with one exception.
– If a wrestler is too heavy for the Heavy Weight division at their age group.
– The parent can email firstname.lastname@example.org and request to move up an age group due to their wrestler being too heavy for the heaviest limit in the Age group
All 12 satellite locations are listed on the Peak2Peakwrestling.com site under events -> State -> right hand side tabs "Weigh ins/Medical" for those Satellite locations. Link
- ALL wrestlers in ALL divisions are to weigh In
- Rookies, Girls, and 15u – Can weigh in at the Coliseum from 5pm-5:30pm
- Wrestlers must weigh in with their competition uniform on – Commonly their Singlet_.
- For Rookies, that sometimes means a t-shirt and shorts. _Jeans or Sweatpants or Underwear are not considered as “Competition Uniforms”
- If a wrestler is wrestling in the 64lb weight class, they must weigh 64.0 or less when weighing in.
- If a wrestler is over, they are simply moved up to the next weight class, and no charge or penalty.
- If a wrestler wants to wrestle at a weight class higher than they weighed in at, they must declare that when weighing in.
No more than 1 weight class higher than they weighed in at if they choose to go up.
- All wrestlers weighing in must be preregistered prior to the registration deadline. There are no onsite registrations being accepted.
- There are NO weigh-ins on Friday at the Denver Coliseum.